Emotional Well-Being in the Legal Profession
DATE & TIME
9am - 5pm
May was Mental Health Awareness Month. According to the National Alliance of Mental Illness (NAMI), approximately one in five, or almost 47 million adults in the U.S. experiences mental illness in a given year. Translation: One in five of your law department colleagues and outside counsel face mental health issues.
As an industry, it is crucial that we work together to reduce the stigma of mental health challenges and substance abuse disorder. Collaboration is critical. More than ever, having a true partnership with your outside counsel is the most significant step we can take in creating safe situations for those that want and/or need help to feel they can ask for it.
Please join us for the seminar Emotional Well-Being in the Legal Profession. This event brings together law firm and corporate legal executives leading the charge on improving impairment in the legal profession.
Confirmed Speaker Line-Up
- Russell C. Deyo, former General Counsel, Johnson & Johnson; former Deputy Secretary and Under Secretary of Management, US Department of Homeland Security
- Patrick R. Krill, JD, LL.M, MA, Founder, Krill Strategies
- Lisa F. Smith, Author, Girl Walks Out of Bar
- Jodie Garfinkel, Director of Talent Development and Strategy, Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Sara Smith, Associate Counsel and Research and Policy Analyst, Center for Professional Responsibility, American Bar Association
- Jan Anne Dubin, CEO and Founder, Jan Anne Dubin Consulting
- Kathleen T. Pearson, Chief Human Resources Officer, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Brenda Jacobsen, CEO, LifeXT
- H. Sandra Bang, Chief Diversity & Talent Strategy Officer, Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Kristin Calve, Publisher, Corporate Counsel Business Journal
- Jane Son, Director in Banking Legal, Barclays
- Maureen Gorman, Managing Director, Marsh
- Ronald C. Minkoff, Partner, Frankfurt Kurnit Klein & Selze PC; Co-Editor, New York Legal Ethics Reporter
- Eileen Travis, Director, Lawyer Assistance Program, New York City Bar Association
- Mark Goldberg, Senior Manager of Global Health & Well-Being, Latham & Watkins LLP
- Gina Passarella, Editor-in-Chief, The American Lawyer and ALM's Global Legal Brands
⟶ See session descriptions by downloading the latest agenda.
Take Care of Your Team. Register today!
Note: The Conference Board member organizations receive a discount on all events. Be sure to sign into your account when registering in order for the discount to be applied. Not sure if your organization is a member? Check here.
DATE & TIME
9am - 5pm