The firm of Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP this month is planning a CLE seminar titled High Stakes Financial Services (Lending & Litigation Issues Symposium).
The program will take place on Wednesday, February 16 from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. at the Hotel Crescent Court, 400 Crescent Court, Dallas, TX.
This full-day symposium will examine legal issues confronting the consumer finance industry. Sessions will focus on acquisitions, federal and state litigation trends, state enforcement, and arbitration issues.
Some of the specific discussion topics include:
- Acquisition of Consumer Receivables: Identifying and Assessing Compliance Liability and Enforceability Issues;
- Federal Consumer Credit Protection Litigation Update;
- State Consumer Protection Litigation Update;
- Enforceability of Arbitration in Consumer Contracts;
- Challenges to Discretionary Rate Spreads: The Automotive Equal Credit Opportunity Act Litigation and Beyond;
- Certificate of Title Issues, Including Repossessions and Bankruptcy;
- Removal Based Upon Diversity and Artful Pleading;
- Managing Multi-State Litigation - MDL Practice and Procedure.
The program is recommended for in-house counsel in financial service companies responsible for transactions, litigation or regulatory compliance.
The luncheon keynote speaker will be James A. Daross, Office of the Texas Attorney General. Weil Gotshal attorney speakers will include Richard T. Archibald, Bruce A. Colbath, Peter N. Cubita, Jay N. Fastow, Angela L. Fontana , Joseph W. Gelb, Debra L. Goldstein, T. Ray Guy, Michelle K. Hartmann, Ralph I. Miller, Yvette Ostolaza & Walter E. Zalenski.
For information on available CLE credits, see the Bulletin Board on The Metropolitan Corporate Counsel website at www.metrocorpcounsel.com.
For reservations, call Susan Shores at (214) 746-7897.